Life Group Questions – 3/12
Different – A Study through 1 Peter
Read: 1 Peter 4:1-11
Therefore, since Christ suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same understanding because the one who suffers in the flesh is finished with sin 2 in order to live the remaining time in the flesh no longer for human desires, but for God’s will. 3 For there has already been enough time spent in doing what the Gentiles choose to do: carrying on in unrestrained behavior, evil desires, drunkenness, orgies, carousing, and lawless idolatry. 4 They are surprised that you don’t join them in the same flood of wild living—and they slander you. 5 They will give an account to the one who stands ready to judge the living and the dead. 6 For this reason the gospel was also preached to those who are now dead, so that, although they might be judged in the flesh according to human standards, they might live in the spirit according to God’s standards. 7 The end of all things is near; therefore, be alert and sober-minded for prayer. 8 Above all, maintain constant love for one another, since love covers a multitude of sins. 9 Be hospitable to one another without complaining. 10 Just as each one has received a gift, use it to serve others, as good stewards of the varied grace of God. 11 If anyone speaks, let it be as one who speaks God’s words; if anyone serves, let it be from the strength God provides, so that God may be glorified through Jesus Christ in everything. To him be the glory and the power forever and ever. Amen.
- What does it mean to be in the world but not of it?
- Peter shares with us that there are really only two paths to follow. What are those two paths? (Obedience and sin) How can we be sure to stay on the right path?
- What sets apart the way a Christian lives versus the way a nonbeliever lives?
- Why is it so important for us to number our days as it says in Psalm 90:12? How is that verse applicable to this passage in 1 Peter 4?
- Why is the love that we have for one another in the church such a powerful apologetic in our world?
- What are some ways to be hospitable in 2023?
- What are ways that we can use the gifts that God has given us to serve him?
- How can we speak the words of God to each other?