Life Group Questions – 4/9
Remember – Easter Sunday
Read: Luke 24:1-12
On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came to the tomb, bringing the spices they had prepared. 2 They found the stone rolled away from the tomb. 3 They went in but did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. 4 While they were perplexed about this, suddenly two men stood by them in dazzling clothes. 5 So the women were terrified and bowed down to the ground.
“Why are you looking for the living among the dead?” asked the men. 6 “He is not here, but he has risen! Remember how he spoke to you when he was still in Galilee, 7 saying, ‘It is necessary that the Son of Man be betrayed into the hands of sinful men, be crucified, and rise on the third day’?” 8 And they remembered his words.
9 Returning from the tomb, they reported all these things to the Eleven and to all the rest. 10 Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James, and the other women with them were telling the apostles these things. 11 But these words seemed like nonsense to them, and they did not believe the women. 12 Peter, however, got up and ran to the tomb. When he stooped to look in, he saw only the linen cloths. So he went away, amazed at what had happened.
- Why do you think the women didn’t remember what Jesus had said?
- To their credit, once they were reminded, the women believed. The disciples were
different. Why didn’t they believe?
- Why do we struggle with faith when tough issues come up?
- The word “ebenezer” means “up to this point the Lord has helped us.” Why are ebenezers
important to have in our lives?
- What are some things that can function as an ebenezer for you?
- What are tangible ways to remember the cross and the empty tomb in your day-to-day
- Why do you think Peter and John ran to the tomb?
- What does the phrase “we can’t survive on secondhand faith” mean to you?
- How can we celebrate the truth of the resurrection this next week?