Life Group Questions – 4/30
Solid Ground – A Study of Deuteronomy 6
Read: Deuteronomy 6:16-19
16 Do not test the LORD your God as you tested him at Massah. 17 Carefully observe the commands of the LORD your God, the decrees and statutes he has commanded you. 18 Do what is right and good in the LORD’s sight, so that you may prosper and so that you may enter and possess the good land the LORD your God swore to give your ancestors, 19 by driving out all your enemies before you, as the LORD has said.
- What are ways that we test God in our lives?
- Moses reminded the Israelites of their lack of trust in God in Exodus 17. Why do you think they wanted to go back into slavery?
- Why is it so hard to trust in God’s provision?
- How does 1 Corinthians 10:4 help us understand Exodus 17?
- What are some of God’s commands that we treat more like suggestions?
- Why is it difficult to obey God in every area of our lives?
- How can we teach the next generation to pursue obedience to God?
- What are some enemies that we allow into our homes and lives?
- How do we drive them completely out?
- What are some key things that we can do, individually and also corporately, as a church, to keep the next generation plugged into the church?