Seek the Gifts that Edify
1 Cor. 14:1-40
Remember, childcare is from 5:45 to 7:15. Please do not drop them off earlier than 5:45 or pick them up later than 7:15.
- What is the role of the prophet in the Bible? Read Deuteronomy 18:18.
- Concerning future prophecy, we hear people say things like, “I have a new word from God,” “I have a prophecy for your life,” or “I know when the Lord will return.” How do you know if they are right? Read Deuteronomy 18:21-22.
- To prophecy is also to preach the word of God. When someone preaches, they are saying that this is the message that God has given. How do we know if they are right? (This also applies to those claiming a new prophecy.) Read 1 Corinthians 14:29 and 1 Thessalonians 5:19-21.
- What are the two types of tongues?
- Why does Paul indicate that unintelligible tongues should not be done in the church? Read 1 Corinthians 14:8-12.
- What three illustrations does Paul give about unintelligible tongues?
- What was the key Pastor Todd gave us for understanding the proper use of spiritual gifts such as tongues in the church service?
Take a moment and plan a game night or a night out with your group. Look at your calendars and set a date.
We are looking for 30 Trunks. Trunk or Treat is October 31st, 6pm-8pm. Trunks will need to be set up and decorated by 5:30pm. Cars will need to stay and be manned until 8:30pm. There will be a contest for those who would like to enter. Please sign up at the Hub. https://tabernaclefamily.org/trunk-or-treat/
Thursday, October 31st – 6-8pm
All Ellis County families are invited to come out to our Trunk or Treat Fall Festival on Thursday, October 31st, from 6:00 – 8:00 pm. This is a FREE event for the community. We’ll have games, candy, bounce houses, and a lot of fun!
PARTICIPATE BY COMING
The first way you can participate is just by showing up! Trunk or Treat will be in our parking lot. Our address is 1200 Country Club Rd., Ennis TX, 75119. Come in your favorite costume and a great attitude. We hope you have a great time
For more information, contact the church office (972) 875-3861, or email our Children’s minister, LISA@TABERNACLEFAMILY.ORG
PARTICIPATE BY OPENING YOUR TRUNKAnother way you can be involved is by giving out candy and running a game out of the trunk of your vehicle. All cars/vehicles are welcome! All cars must complete a registration form at the link above.