Life Group Questions – 3/26
Different – A Study through 1 Peter
Read: 1 Peter 5:1-14
I exhort the elders among you as a fellow elder and witness to the sufferings of Christ, as well as
one who shares in the glory about to be revealed: 2 Shepherd God’s flock among you, not
overseeing out of compulsion but willingly, as God would have you; not out of greed for money
but eagerly; 3 not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock. 4 And
when the chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the unfading crown of glory. 5 In the same
way, you who are younger, be subject to the elders. All of you clothe yourselves with humility
toward one another, because God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.
6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, so that he may exalt you at the
proper time, 7 casting all your cares on him, because he cares about you. 8 Be sober-minded, be
alert. Your adversary the devil is prowling around like a roaring lion, looking for anyone he can
devour. 9 Resist him, firm in the faith, knowing that the same kind of sufferings are being
experienced by your fellow believers throughout the world. 10 The God of all grace, who called
you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, establish, strengthen, and support you after
you have suffered a little while. 11 To him be dominion forever. Amen.
12 Through Silvanus, a faithful brother (as I consider him), I have written to you briefly in order to
encourage you and to testify that this is the true grace of God. Stand firm in it! 13 She who is in
Babylon, chosen together with you, sends you greetings, as does Mark, my son. 14 Greet one
another with a kiss of love. Peace to all of you who are in Christ.
- Do you consider yourself a leader? Why or why not?
- Sometimes we shy away from using the word “leader” to describe ourselves. However,
most of us lead someone. Who do you lead, and do you think you lead effectively?
- What are simple ways to be an example to those we lead?
- How is humility and submission an act of trust?
- What are some ways that we can cast our cares on God?
- What does it mean to be sober-minded?
- How does the picture of Satan being like a roaring lion make you feel? How should we
react to the reality that he is on the prowl, ready to devour us?
- What does God promise us if we stand firm and embrace grace?
- How has the study of the book of 1 Peter impacted your walk with Christ?
- What are some key takeaways you have had through the study of this book?