Church Vision Statement
We are a biblically rooted church that wants to help you overcome life’s emptiness through a deeper relationship with Christ and a connection to a family who cares.
- What is your favorite vacation you have ever taken?
Read: Ephesians 2:1-10
Eph. 2:11 “Therefore remember that formerly you, the Gentiles in the flesh, who are called “Uncircumcision” by the so-called “Circumcision,” which is performed in the flesh by human hands —
Eph. 2:12 remember that you were at that time separate from Christ, excluded from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.
Eph. 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
Eph. 2:14 For He Himself is our peace, who made both groups into one and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall,
Eph. 2:15 by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, which is the Law of commandments contained in ordinances, so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thus establishing peace,
Eph. 2:16 and might reconcile them both in one body to God through the cross, by it having put to death the enmity.
Eph. 2:17 AND HE CAME AND PREACHED PEACE TO YOU WHO WERE FAR AWAY, AND PEACE TO THOSE WHO WERE NEAR;
Eph. 2:18 for through Him we both have our access in one Spirit to the Father.
Eph. 2:19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God’s household,
Eph. 2:20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone,
Eph. 2:21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord,
Eph. 2:22 in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.”
Looking Forward: Please Read through these
- Prayer Meeting Tuesday Night at 6.
- This year we are changing our strategy for reaching the community for Halloween. The strategy is to connect on a personal level with your friends and neighbors to invite them to your group or to the church. Halloween falls on the last Sunday of the month and we would like on your hangout night to volunteer to open your yards to trick-or-treaters. We will provide you with a yard sign that lets the community know that you are with Tabernacle. Your group can have as many homes as you would like. If you are interested please fill out this form https://tabernaclegroups.churchcenter.com/people/forms/296853
- Why was circumcision so important to the Jews?
- Why might Jewish believers treat Gentile converts as second class Christians who were not circumcised?
- What have you seen done in church or among believers that could be described as one group of people feeling superior to another group?
- Why was it so important for Paul to let the Gentiles know they were not second class citizens in the kingdom of God?
- Ephesians 2:15 shows that Christ has abolished the demands of the law and in Matthew 5:17 Jesus says, “I have not come to abolish the law but to fulfill the law.” What does the law demand? How did Jesus fulfill and abolish the law?
- Ephesians 2:16 shows that Jesus has reconciled us to God. What does it mean that we need to be reconciled to God?
- Christians are called to be ministers of reconciliation, following the ministry of Christ. How can we participate in reconciling people to God (lost and saved?
- When the people of God do not live in unity, what does that say to the world?