This Week’s Sermon:
The Few, The Proud, The Biblical Fathers
Read Col. 3:21
- If your dad were a cartoon character who would he be?
- What is a favorite memory of your father?
- What about your dad would you like your spouse to emulate the most to your family?
- If you are a father with kids in the house, out of the house, or planning on being a father one day, how would you define the type of father you want to be?
- God is our heavenly Father. Which of God’s fatherly attributes is your favorite?
- What does “fathers do not exasperate your children” mean?
- How have you seen fathers exasperate their children? Have you caught yourself exasperating your children?
- How did your dad model being emotionally available for you? What kind of impact did that make on your life positively or negatively?
- Fathers are to be available and not distant. What will you do, or have you done, to be available for your kids emotionally?
- When considering that a Father should be available, discuss how the Father had made Himself available to us.
- Homework:Dad’s create an accountability group to work through the Father’s Day book together Rewriting Fathers.