This Week’s Sermon:
When the Valleys Call
Read Proverbs 3:5-6
Scriptures Referenced in the Sermon- Exodus 14, Numbers 20:2-13, Luke 22
Main Point: God will lead us into valleys to reveal more about Himself to us.
- Have you had an experience that you would consider a spiritual valley? What kind of things would you consider to be a spiritual valley?
- Does God lead us into spiritual valleys? If God does lead us into spiritual valleys, why would He do such a thing?
- What did God reveal to you about Himself in the valley?
- What should our response be to trials and difficulties in the valleys of our life?
- What trials are you experiencing now? Knowing that you need to stop trying to solve the situation yourself and surrender it to God, how do you move forward?
- In your current trials, what is God showing you about Himself in the valley?
- In the recent weeks we learned about mountain top experiences and valleys. Describe the nature of walking with God.
- Homework: Go around the room and say the name of a person in your life you think may be going through a valley. Commit to calling this week to check on them and give them encouragement.