For the Kingdom
Read: Romans 15:14-21
14 My brothers and sisters, I myself am convinced about you that you also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, and able to instruct one another. 15 Nevertheless, I have written to remind you more boldly on some points because of the grace given me by God 16 to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles, serving as a priest of the gospel of God. God’s purpose is that the Gentiles may be an acceptable offering, sanctified by the Holy Spirit. 17 Therefore I have reason to boast in Christ Jesus regarding what pertains to God. 18 For I would not dare say anything except what Christ has accomplished through me by word and deed for the obedience of the Gentiles, 19 by the power of miraculous signs and wonders, and by the power of God’s Spirit. As a result, I have fully proclaimed the gospel of Christ from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum. 20 My aim is to preach the gospel where Christ has not been named, so that I will not build on someone else’s foundation, 21 but, as it is written, Those who were not told about him will see, and those who have not heard will understand.
- What was Paul’s purpose or aim, according to verses 16 and 20?
- If you had to come up with a purpose statement for your life, what would it be? Do you feel like it aligns well with Scripture? Why or why not?
- Why was it significant to Paul that he go somewhere where Christ hadn’t been preached yet?
- Pastor Zach shared about both UUPGs (Unengaged, Unreached People Groups) and UPGs (Unreached People Groups). With so many advances since Scripture was written, why do you think we still have over 3000 UUPGs in the world?
- How do you feel knowing that about 40% of our world’s population (over 3 billion people) are considered unreached?
- What are some things you can do personally to help reach the unreached?
- John Piper has said that “missions exists because worship doesn’t.” What do you think that quotes means? What are it’s evangelistic implications?
- Pastor Zach gave three options for our response to the call for global missions. What were those three responses? (Go, Send, or be Disobedient). Honestly, which category do you think you fit in right now?
- What are ways that we can support missionaries on the field?
- How can we make sure that we are living on mission whether it is here in America or around the world?
- Why is missions so important?