First Fruits and Bad Company
- From the last few sermons on the resurrection, what is your biggest takeaway?
- What does it mean that Jesus is the first-fruit of the resurrection?
- In the Bible, Christ is called the second Adam. Read Romans 5:15-21 and 1 Corinthians 15:21-22.
- Discuss what the first Adam brought into the world and the impact it had on humanity.
- Some people say, “if you lived a perfect life and never sinned, you will go to heaven.” Based on this in Romans 5:18-19, discuss whether or not you believe that to be true.
- Why do you think it is essential that Jesus was born of a virgin through the Holy Spirit and does not have an earthly father?
- Jesus is the second Adam. What are the benefits of Jesus being the second Adam? See 1 Corinthians 15:22 and Romans 5:15-19.
- What does it mean that Adam’s act of sin was credited to all who came after him? What does it mean that Jesus’ act of obedience was credited to all who put their faith in him?
- Why would it have been a sacrifice for the people to give from the first fruits?
- What is the difference in a person giving from their first fruits or out of their abundance?
- When we consider how you give to God, would you say that you give out of the abundance or what comes in first? Do you think it is important for us today to give our first fruits?
- In 1 Corinthians 15:33-34, Paul calls the believer to wake up because “bad company corrupts good character.” What are some people or situations that you have been woken up from?
Every year, Tabernacle helps serve Ennis in many different ways. One way we serve is by giving the band parents a night off at the concession stands so they can watch their kiddos perform on Senior Night. This year, Senior Night is Friday, November 8th. If you are available to serve, please follow the link https://tabernaclefamily.org/hub/?sapurl=Lys3eDI4L2xiL2V2LytxeHZnaDg3P2JyYW5kaW5nPXRydWUmZW1iZWQ9dHJ1ZQ==.
If you have any Tabernacle gear, please wear it so that the community will know who we are serving the school and the band parents.
Enter the entrance by the scoreboard on the home side, and your name will be on a list. You will get in free.