This Week’s Sermon:
1 Corinthians 10:23-11:1
Flee from Idolatry
Read 1 Corinthians 10:23-11:1
- If you could boil down Sunday’s message into one sentence, what would it be?
- Today we talked about the absolutes and gray areas for Christians. What is the gray area you tend to make an absolute?
- How can decisions about what we eat and drink bring glory to God?
- Paul chose to lay aside things he COULD have done for the sake of others. Have you ever laid aside a Christian liberty for the benefit of another?
- Is there something you might need to lay aside that is currently in your life?
- Think about a person whose walk with Christ you want to imitate in your own life. Why do you want to imitate their walk?
- We tend to look very harshly on those who break the areas we consider to be “absolute.” In this passage, Paul reframes the question from “what action is right” to “what action is most loving.” Does your reaction to the “wrong” change when framed in love?