12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13 And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.
Read: We are a biblically rooted church who wants to help you overcome life’s emptiness through a deeper relationship with Christ and connection to a family who cares.
- Read Hebrews 3:16-17, why did Israel not get to have the rest that God was offering?
- What are things that you think are symptomatic of believers not living in the rest of God?
- Read Proverbs 27:5-7, what does it mean?
- Proverbs 27:5-7, “Better is open rebuke than hidden love. 6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend; profuse are the kisses of an enemy. 7 One who is full loathes honey, but to one who is hungry everything bitter is sweet.”
- Have you ever received a godly biblical rebuke from a friend? How did that make you feel? Is Proverbs 27 true?
- Has someone ever wrongly wounded you with thinking they were rightly using the Word of God?
- Do you feel like you have ever wrongly wielded the Word of God?
- In what way has God used the scalpel of His Word to work in your heart? Has God’s word ever made you change something in your life?
- What does it mean for God to speak to you in His Word? How does that manifest in your life? When does it happen? What does it sound like?
- Has there been a time that God’s Word unexpectedly came to mind? Maybe it was in a conversation with somebody or when faced with a problem?
- Did you take Pastor Todd’s challenge last week to try and be in the Bible more in the New Year? Has God shown you anything? What has your experience been like?
- Are you willing to make a commitment to reading a certain amount of scripture this month?
- Are you willing to join us in the 40 Day prayer challenge? Is there anything on your list that you want to share?
For further study and apologetics on the Bible watch Voddie Baucham’s sermon, “Why I Choose to Believe the Bible.”