Announcement: Please, if you use the childcare at the church be at the church by 7:30 for pickup.
1 John 2:3-6
3 And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. 4 Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, 5 but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him: 6 whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.
Read: We are a biblically rooted church who wants to help you overcome life’s emptiness through a deeper relationship with Christ and connection to a family who cares.
- What certainty is given in this passage to a person to know whether or not they believe in God?
- Is this passage saying that if you are obedient you are saved?
- Why then, in this passage, is the proof of salvation obedience?
- People are programmed differently for worship. Would you say you know God more mentally or are you more action-driven? What makes you feel more driven in one way and less in the other?
- How would you describe repentance?
- If you were explaining repentance to an unbeliever, how would you explain it and the need for it?
- How would you explain repentance to a believer? What kinds of things should believers repent from doing?
- Pastor Todd talked about orienting your day, week, month, and year around Christ.
- What are things that you can do to orient your day around Christ?
- What are things you can do to orient your heart to Christ in your weekly schedule?
- How do you annually orient your life around God? (Like traditions and retreats)
- One thing people do to orient their lives around God is to fast. What is fasting and why do people do it?
- Did you decide on a service project last week? If not decide on something you can do together this quarter to show the love of Christ to the community.
- Then, put a date on your calendars and begin planning actionable steps to accomplish your goals.