Captivated By Christ: Galatians
Church Vision Statement
We are a biblically rooted church that wants to help you overcome life’s emptiness through a deeper relationship with Christ and a connection to a family who cares.
Read: Galatians 3:1-5
3 You foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified?2 This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of [b]the Law, or by [c]hearing with faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now [e]being perfected by the flesh? 4 Did you [f]suffer so many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain? 5 So then, does He who provides you with the Spirit and works [g]miracles among you, do it by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?
- What was the problem with the Judaizer’s beliefs?
- The Judaizers believed that Jesus plus works equaled salvation. What are some common forms of “Jesus plus” theologies?
- How do we receive the Holy Spirit? By rigorous adherence to the law or by faith?
- After salvation, are we expected to keep the law to become perfect and presentable to God on the Day of Judgment?
- Why do you think that true believers struggle with self-righteousness and feeling like they have life figured out?
- Why is self-reliance so dangerous for a Christian?
- What areas of life do you feel like you struggle the most with self-reliance?
- Have you ever needlessly suffered because of someone else’s legalism, or have you ever caused someone to suffer because you held to a view of legalism?
- God using us in other’s lives is a miracle. How do you see God using the Spirit through you in other people’s lives?