Captivated By Christ: Galatians
Church Vision Statement
We are a biblically rooted church that wants to help you overcome life’s emptiness through a deeper relationship with Christ and a connection to a family who cares.
Read: Galatians 3:6-14
6 Even so, Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness. 7 Therefore, be sure that it is those who are of faith who are sons of Abraham. 8 The Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “All the nations will be blessed in you.” 9 So then those who are of faith are blessed with Abraham, the believer.
10 For as many as are of the works of the Law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not abide by all things written in the book of the law, to perform them.” 11 Now that no one is justified by the Law before God is evident; for, “The righteous man shall live by faith.” 12 However, the Law is not of faith; on the contrary, “He who practices them shall live by them.” 13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”— 14 in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles so that we would receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
- Read Genesis 15:6 and Galatians 3:6.
- How was righteousness credited to Abraham?
- Were people in the Old Testament righteous differently than us?
- Read Galatians 3:10.
- Why is the law a curse to the ones who rely on it?
- Is the law bad if it curses those who rely on it?
- Read 2 Corinthians 5:21 and Galatians 3:13.
- Deut 21:23 and Galatians 3:13, “cursed is any man who hangs on a tree.” What reason did Pastor Todd say someone would hang on a tree in the Old Testament?
- How is God foreshadowing in Deuteronomy 21:23 the type of death that Jesus would have to die?
- What does it mean that Jesus became the curse for us?
- Read Genesis 12:2-3 and Galatians 3:14.
- Was it always God’s plan to bless the Gentiles with salvation?
- Would anyone in your group be interested in participating in a D-Group? D-Groups are gender-specific groups where you meet with three other people weekly for biblical accountable discipleship. D-Groups are a 12-month cycle, and at the end of the 12-moths, you will lead a group of three other people through the process.
If you are interested and would like to start in January 2021, please contact Kody Alvarez by emailing [email protected].