In the Resurrection Jesus has given us Victory over Death and Purpose in Life
- What is something that you hope for in heaven?
- What is the biggest stress you have in this life that you think will be alleviated in heaven?
- What is the thing you fear most about death?
- How does the Gospel and the resurrection comfort those fears?
- What would you consider the sting of death?
- What does 1 Cor. 15:55 mean when it says that the sting of death has been removed?
- Has your faith in God ever given you boldness to do something you don’t think you would have done without it?
- Have you ever heard of somebody (or known anybody) who took an inheritance and used it for something greater than their own benefit?
- God uses the promise of heaven to inspire steadfastness in this life. Read these passages about heaven one at a time. Discuss what is interesting about heaven. What can we hope for in heaven?
- Revelation 21:18-27, Revelation 7:9-12, Isaiah 65:17-25, Revelation 22:1-5
- 1 Cor. 15:56 “The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law;” what does it mean that the power of the law is sin? How does Jesus defeat the power of the law?