Making Christmas More
Jesus, The Gift of Peace
- Growing up what was your favorite Christmas tradition?
- How do you think those outsides of church define peace?
- What do you think is wrong with the world’s idea of peace?
- In Luke 2:14 the angels say, “Glory to God in the highest, and peace among men with whom He is pleased.”
- How do you think the angels are defining peace?
- Who are the ones whom God is pleased?
- What is the reason that God felt like God needed to intervene to bring peace?
- The opposite of peace is chaos. What are some chaotic things that you have already experienced in the holiday season or that you expect to experience this holiday season?
- The Christmas season can often feel quite chaotic, especially during Black Friday, buying gifts, getting from your families to the in-laws house, dwindling bank accounts, family drama coming out and the list goes on and on. How do you practice peace in all the chaos?
- What are some subtle ways that you share the peace of Christ with your family during the holiday season?
- Have you ever taken an opportunity to overtly share Christ during Christmas? What did you do?
- Is there a person that you know you will see this Christmas that you know needs to hear the message of Jesus?
- Jingle Jam is a Christmas play on December 8th we ask that all Lifegroups would come participate at 4 pm. After the event, we will put together the gifts for the EISD teachers.
- ALSO…there will be no childcare in December on the 8th, 22nd, and 29th. Please plan accordingly.