Church Vision Statement
We are a biblically rooted church that wants to help you overcome life’s emptiness through a deeper relationship with Christ and a connection to a family who cares.
- Give us your Unpopular Opinion- What is the most overhyped Christmas movie ?
Read: John 1:14-18
14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us; and we saw His glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. 15 John *testified about Him and called out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who is coming after me has proved to be my superior, because He existed before me.’” 16 For of His fullness we have all received, and grace upon grace. 17 For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has seen God at any time; God the only Son, who is in the arms of the Father, He has explained Him.
- Have you been able to have a spiritual conversation with anyone this week?
- Why is it important that Jesus was born from Mary who was a virgin?
- Why is it important that Jesus is God? Why is John going at such lengths to show that Jesus is God?
- The idea of dwelling should take our minds back to the Tabernacle, the tent where God wanted to meet with His people. Christ came to earth to meet with His people. God made Himself accessible to us, meeting with us was so important to Him that Jesus died for it. How well do you do meeting with God during the week?
- On a scale of 1-5, how well do you think you do meeting with God consistently? Explain why.
- On a scale of 1-5, what do you feel is the depth of that meeting time with God? Explain why.
- God made meeting with us a priority by coming to us. What are some things you can do to prioritize your meeting with God?
- How have your personal insecurities kept you from serving God or worshipping?
- Have you had an opportunity to fight your insecurities in worship either in personal worship or corporate worship this week?
- John the Baptist who Jesus in Matthew 11:11 said was, “the greatest man ever born of a woman,” to serve Christ by becoming little, “I must decrease so he can increase.” (Jn 3:30) Go around the room and give two ways you need to decrease so that the light of Christ can increase in your life.
Reaching the World Check IN:
The five i’s of personal evangelism are identify, intercede (pray), invest, impart, and invite.
- Who have you identified that needs to know Jesus?
- Have you been praying for the lost by name this week?
- Have you had an opportunity to invest in a lost person’s life this week?
- How have you imparted the Gospel to a lost person this week or do you plan to do it next week?
- Do you have someone that you are wanting to invite to church or to know Jesus? Who can you invite to a service during the Christmas season?