Gifts of Expectation
- Go around the room and answer these two questions.
- What is your most cherished memory of Christmas as a child?
- What is your favorite Christmas tradition that you do right now or that you want to start?
- It is easy to get excited and anticipate all the gifts, the giving, and, the travel to see family. What do you do with your family to create excitement and anticipation of worshiping Jesus on Christmas?
- What should the Jews be anticipating from the Isaiah 9:6-7 passage? Read the passage, discuss the different images concerning Christ, and what they mean.
- What does it mean that Jesus will reverse the curse?
- Read Genesis 3:15. This is the first image of Christ in the Bible. Explain what the expectation of Jesus is from this passage.
- Do you struggle seeing Jesus in the Old Testament? Growing up, were you taught that Jesus was in the Old Testament?
- With the New Year coming, answer these questions.
- What was your favorite memory from 2019?
- Thinking about the New Year we think about resolutions. If you could change one thing about your spiritual life for the better what would it be?
- What do you think you could do to strengthen that part of your life?