Church Vision Statement
We are a biblically rooted church that wants to help you overcome life’s emptiness through a deeper relationship with Christ and a connection to a family who cares.
Read: Matthew 18:21-35
21Then Peter came and said to Him, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?” 22Jesus *said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.
23 “For this reason, the kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who wished to settle accounts with his slaves. 24When he had begun to settle them, one who owed him ten thousand talents was brought to him. 25But since he did not have the means to repay, his lord commanded him to be sold, along with his wife and children and all that he had, and repayment to be made. 26So the slave fell to the ground and prostrated himself before him, saying, ‘Have patience with me and I will repay you everything.’ 27And the lord of that slave felt compassion and released him and forgave him the debt. 28But that slave went out and found one of his fellow slaves who owed him a hundred denarii; and he seized him and began to choke him, saying, ‘Pay back what you owe.’ 29So his fellow slave fell to the ground and began to plead with him, saying, ‘Have patience with me and I will repay you.’ 30But he was unwilling and went and threw him in prison until he should pay back what was owed. 31So when his fellow slaves saw what had happened, they were deeply grieved and came and reported to their lord all that had happened. 32Then summoning him, his lord *said to him, ‘You wicked slave, I forgave you all that debt because you pleaded with me. 33Should you not also have had mercy on your fellow slave, in the same way that I had mercy on you?’ 34And his lord, moved with anger, handed him over to the torturers until he should repay all that was owed him. 35My heavenly Father will also do the same to you, if each of you does not forgive his brother from your heart.”
Transformation Questions: Below are questions about Serving and Giving from last week.
- What was your Plus One on service? Have you had the opportunity to serve someone or the church this week?
- What is your plus one? Do you have multiple plus ones?
- What fruit have you seen from acting on your Plus One?
- The Plus One series was to challenge you in your faith journey. Which week of Plus One was the greatest challenge for you? (Bible Reading, Serving, Giving, Forgiving, Prayer, and Evangelism)
- Have you found it difficult to continue your plus one as life gets busier? What normal things do you have to give up in your life to stay consistent?
- Give an example of needing to receive forgiveness from someone. How did you feel knowing you needed them to forgive you because you had done them wrong? How vulnerable did it make you feel? How did you feel after they forgave you?
- Give an example of when you had to forgive someone? Explain how you felt before offering forgiveness and then the release you experienced after you forgave them?
- Who has the Holy Spirit put on your heart that you need to forgive? What is keeping you from forgiving them?