Church Vision Statement
We are a biblically rooted church that wants to help you overcome life’s emptiness through a deeper relationship with Christ and a connection to a family who cares.
- What is your unpopular opinion?
- Kody’s unpopular opinion: I want to like the Beatles, but every time I listen to them I realize how overrated they are.
Read: 1 Peter 1:6-12
6In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, 7so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 8and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, 9obtaining as the outcome of your faith the salvation of your souls.
10As to this salvation, the prophets who prophesied of the grace that would come to you made careful searches and inquiries, 11seeking to know what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow. 12It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves, but you, in these things which now have been announced to you through those who preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven—things into which angels long to look.
- How is your Plus One commitment going now that we are a few weeks past the end of the series? Has it been difficult to stick with it?
- Can you see where God has grown you? How has He blessed you since committing to your Plus One?
- Do you feel like some Christians believe because they are Christian bad things should not happen to them or they should not have trials in their lives? What are some things you have heard or even said which may contribute to this thought?
- No one likes going through trials. Read 1 Peter 1:6-7 again, as well as, James 1:2-4. What are some of the benefits and reasons that God allows us to go through trials in these two Scriptures? What other inferences can we make for God using trials in our life?
- How has God used trials in your life to grow you in your faith and trust of Him? Can you see how he removes impurities from your life after allowing you to go through something hard?
- How can trials produce intimacy with God?
- Would you consider your relationship with God intimate? What would you imagine intimacy with God to be like?
- What do you need to do to seek an intimate relationship with God?
- For most of us, intimacy with Christ is hindered due to distractions like the phone or the next best netflix series. For others, intimacy with Christ is hindered because of unrepented sin.
- For many of us, to have intimacy with Christ will be as simple as setting aside time each night and turning off the noise.
Reaching the World Check-in:
- Who is one unbelieving person you know in our community? Perhaps its a person who is disconnected from a church family. (Go around the room)
- Easter is 6 weeks away. Do you think you could get that person to come to the church between now and Easter?
- Lifeway Research Poll in 2017 shows 71% of unchurched people polled indicated they would attend if invited by a friend or family member.
- Easter Sunday, we will be doing a dramatization of the Cross Service. Pastor Todd will be acting out the story of the man who built the cross and shares the Gospel. How many people do you think you could get to come to the Cross Service?