Announcement: This Guide has some questions from last week since we did not meet.
Church Vision Statement
We are a biblically rooted church that wants to help you overcome life’s emptiness through a deeper relationship with Christ and a connection to a family who cares.
- What New Year’s Resolution are you still doing? Is there anything you have quit?
Read: Ephesians 4:11-16
11 And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers,12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; 13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ. 14 As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming; 15 but speaking the truth in love, [j]we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ, 16 from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love.
Week Review: What was your Plus One last week about Scripture reading?
Transformation Questions: Below are questions about Serving and Giving from last week.
- What is your plus one? Do you have multiple plus ones?
- How have you acted on your plus one?
- Have you found it difficult to continue your plus one as life is getting busier? What normal things are you having to give up in your life to stay consistent?
- What areas of the church are you serving in? If you are not serving what is something that you think you might be interested in doing?
- What do you think most people’s biggest barrier to tithing is? Or what is the biggest barrier you cross when considering tithing consistently?
- Have you ever considered being ambitious in your giving? What would that look like in your life? What keeps you from being ambitious in your giving?
- Have you ever been led by the Lord to give more than felt comfortable? What did that look like?
- Have you ever hesitated or chose not to give when you felt the Lord leading you to give something? If you feel comfortable, share that story.
- What does it mean to give sacrificially?