21 Therefore, putting aside all filthiness and all that remains of wickedness, in humility receive the word implanted, which is able to save your souls. 22 But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks at his natural face in a mirror; 24 for once he has looked at himself and gone away, he has immediately forgotten what kind of person he was. 25 But one who looks intently at the perfect law, the law of liberty, and abides by it, not having become a forgetful hearer but an effectual doer, this man will be blessed in what he does.26 If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless. 27 Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.
Read: We are a biblically rooted church who wants to help you overcome life’s emptiness through a deeper relationship with Christ and connection to a family who cares.
- Did you have an opportunity this last week to practice being quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger?
- Ask probing questions as to how they felt at the moment. For Example: If you were successful, how did it feel walking away from a situation without regret of doing wrong?
- What things keep people from being doers of the Word?
- Do you see the Word of God as the absolute authority in your life? If no, what is? If so, what does that mean?
- Is there a conviction in your life right now that they know that they are ignoring?
- Are you struggling to forgive a family member?
- Or is there a person you are harboring bitterness against?
- Is God calling you to give, but you are fearful because you are scared of not making your bill payment?
- Give an example of a time when you have been a hearer of the Word only.
- What blessing has come to your life by falling under conviction from the Word of God and changing?
- Has having an invitation mindset been harder than you thought it would be? Have you had good opportunities to invite people to our group or the church?