Church Vision Statement
We are a biblically rooted church that wants to help you overcome life’s emptiness through a deeper relationship with Christ and a connection to a family who cares.
- If they made a movie about your life, who would you want to play you and who do you think should play you?
- I would like Chris Hemsworth to play me, but I should probably get played by Chris Farley.
Read: 1 Peter 1:13-16
13Therefore, prepare your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 14As obedient children, do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance, 15but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior; 16because it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”
- What did you do to seek intimacy with Christ?
- Have you reached out to the person you are going to invite to the Cross Service?
- What does it mean that God has set you apart to be holy?
- Do you think the way you live and the people around you know you are a Christian?
- Where do you most often think you fall short of holiness?
- Based on your speech, jokes, and actions do you think the people you influence at work or home consider you holy, set apart for God service?
- Why do you think that Paul challenges the reader to gird their minds for action and not a list of commands of do-s and don’t-s in pursuit of holiness?
- Do you feel like you struggle to spend time with the Lord because you’re either too busy or too easily distracted? What do you think are contributing issues to you being busy and distracted?
- What things can you practically do to declutter the busy-ness in your life?
- Would you consider walking away from one or all of your social media accounts for 30 days? If you use social media for work, how could you limit your time to just using it for work? Would you be willing to take a 30 day challenge?
- Do you think if you were off social media for 30 days, do you think your life would be better or worse? Do you think people would care you were not using social media?
Reaching the World Check-in:
- Easter is six weeks away. Who is the person you are going to bring to the Cross Service?