Church Vision Statement
We are a biblically rooted church that wants to help you overcome life’s emptiness through a deeper relationship with Christ and a connection to a family who cares.
- What was a highlight from your Easter?
Read: 1 Peter 2:1-3
Therefore, putting aside all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander, like newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the word, so that by it you may grow in respect to salvation, if you have tasted the kindness of the Lord.
- Since the new year we have been talking about inviting your one to the Cross Service. Who was it? Did they come? And what can we as a group do to reach out to them?
- Remember the last Sunday of the month is a hangout night. Start now planning a night that you could invite your one to.
- These five vices presented spoil our love for God and others. So let’s look at each one individually.
- Malice is a word that we do not often use. How would you define malice? (Feel free to look for definitions on your cell phone.)
- How have you witnessed malice in your life?
- In what ways have you participated in the sin of malice?
- What is a simple definition of deceit?
- How do you most often battle not deceiving people?
- On social media, how do you think you and your friends most often struggle with deceiving each other?
- In the vice of hypocrisy, where do you struggle most with pretending you are better than you really are?
- Why is it so damaging to the image of Christ when Christians are caught in hypocrisy? Why is hypocrisy damaging to Christian fellowship?
- What is the best way for believers who are still fallen to not damage the image of Christ?
- What is envy and how do you think that would spoil your love for God and the love for people God put in your life?
- How does the Christian overcome feelings of envy?
- Of the five vices, which one do you struggle with the most, and in what context?
- Growing spiritual and gaining intimacy with God comes from spending time in the Word. What is your time with God like? (How do you structure it, when do you do it, what benefit do you see in your life?)
- If you use the HEAR journal/ (Replicate Journal) that Todd talked about this morning, explain what benefits you have received from using it.
- If someone in your group wants one they can buy it from Amazon for $20 or they can buy it from the cafe for $15.