The Power of ONE
Read Acts 8:26-30
26 Now an angel of the Lord said to Philip, “Rise and go toward the south to the road that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza.” This is a desert place. 27 And he rose and went. And there was an Ethiopian, a eunuch, a court official of Candace, queen of the Ethiopians, who was in charge of all her treasure. He had come to Jerusalem to worship 28 and was returning, seated in his chariot, and he was reading the prophet Isaiah. 29And the Spirit said to Philip, “Go over and join this chariot.” 30 So Philip ran to him and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet and asked, “Do you understand what you are reading?”
- Don’t be Surprised at God’s Command to Go to just ONE
- Obey God’s Call to Go
- Trust God to Prepare the Heart
- Trust God with the Results
- From the message preached this morning, what thing is the Lord speaking to your heart about from how God used Philip?
- God called Philip to go to this man. Has God ever called you to go to someone? How did that go?
- God called Philip to go to someone very different than himself, a person that the Jews would not of allowed in the Temple, a person that had a very different culture, a person that Philip’s people were more than likely racist against. Has God ever used you in the life of someone very different than you?
- We know God has called us to go to very different people than us. Are there any barriers in your heart that are keeping you from going to someone different than you like Philip went to the eunuch?
- What are your biggest hesitations when you want to talk to someone about Jesus?
- Have you reached out to your ONE yet? If so how did that go?
- Are you feeling encouraged or discouraged about your ONE?
- Has anything happened in the last month that surprised your or that you are excited about concerning God working on your ONE?
- How has God changed you in the process of praying for your ONE for a month and reaching out to them?
- Go around the ROOM: What day will you reach out to your ONE this week to come to the Easter or the Cross service?
- Who is Your One –Prayer time
- Take time to pray for each person by name. Specifically for their needs, whether it is to meet Jesus for the first time or to come back to church. Pray for everyone in the group by name for God to use them this week with their ONE.