This Week’s Sermon:
Read Luke 9:28-36
Listen to the Real Jesus
- Jesus Is Exclusive
- Listen to Jesus
- Take the Truth of Jesus with you
- If you are Peter during the transfiguration of Jesus, what is going through your mind watching this event take place?
- We live in a postmodern society that says everyone’s opinion is equally valid. Is this a true statement? Why or why not?
- Critique this postmodern statement and describe what is wrong with this idea.
- There is no absolute truth.
- Why is Jesus the exclusive way to heaven?
- How do all other religions (Buddhism, Mormonism, Jehovah Witnesses, Islam) claim that someone gets to heaven? What makes Jesus’ claims different?
- How do you know that you are actually listening to God?
- Have you ever thought that you heard from God, but then felt guilty that you did not act in obedience?
- Peter did not want to come down the mountain. He wanted to just stay there with Elijah, Moses, and the transfigured Christ. Do you struggle with having an experience with Jesus and not wanting to take that to others like God desires? What things do you do to combat wanting to keep your experience with Jesus to yourself?
- Calendar Items:June 2ndPicnic in the Park at 6pm and Lake Day July 14that 5pm.