Creating a Media Safe Home
Remember, childcare is from 5:45 to 7:15. Please do not drop them off earlier than 5:45 or pick them up later than 7:15.
- Growing up, what rules did you have concerning media?
- What are your rules for what you will or will not consume on social media, television, or through music?
- Did a parent talk to you about sex? What age was the first time you encountered sexual images?
- What is the appropriate age to begin talking to your child about sexuality? As they get older, how do you start talking to them in a more frank way about sex?
- How have you seen media impact your child?
- What primary media personality is influencing your child?
- Proverbs 4:23, “Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.” What does it mean to guard our hearts as it relates to the idea of media?
- Have you witnessed what happens to families when mom and dad do not guard their own hearts? What are practical things you do to guard your heart?
- Romans 12:2, “Do not be conformed to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” In a world that is trying to change your mind about God’s will and God’s standards for your life, how do you renew your mind so as not to be transformed into the world?
- What do you do to encourage your children or grandchildren to transform and renew their minds?
- Psalm 119:37, “Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word.” What are worthless things we need to turn our eyes away from?
- Would you be willing to use Dr. Burns’ Internet Usage, Music, and TV Contracts? Why do you believe the contract will or will not be beneficial?
- Have you ever had an accountability partner? Why is that a helpful relationship? What are your reasons for resisting a relationship like that?
- Do you have passwords or accounts that your spouse does not have access to? Do your children have media-related accounts that you cannot access?
- What are rules you give your kids for their phones? If your kids are too young to have/use a device, what age do you think is appropriate? What rules will you give them?
Quality Web Filters
We are looking for 30 Trunks. Trunk or Treat is October 31st, 6 pm-8 pm. Trunks will need to be set up and decorated by 5:30 pm. Cars will need to stay and be manned until 8:30 pm. There will be a contest for those who would like to enter. Please sign up at the Hub. https://tabernaclefamily.org/trunk-or-treat/
Thursday, October 31st – 6-8 pm
All Ellis County families are invited to come out to our Trunk or Treat Fall Festival on Thursday, October 31st, from 6:00 – 8:00 pm. This is a FREE event for the community. We’ll have games, candy, bounce houses, and a lot of fun!
PARTICIPATE BY COMING
The first way you can participate is just by showing up! Trunk or Treat will be in our parking lot. Our address is 1200 Country Club Rd., Ennis TX, 75119. Come in your favorite costume and a great attitude. We hope you have a great time
For more information, contact the church office (972) 875-3861, or email our Children’s Minister, [email protected]
PARTICIPATE BY OPENING YOUR TRUNK
Another way you can be involved is by giving out candy and running a game out of the trunk of your vehicle. All cars/vehicles are welcome! Car owners must complete the registration form below.