James 5:7 “Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. The farmer waits for the precious produce of the soil, being patient about it until it gets the early and late rains. 8 You too be patient; strengthen your hearts, for the coming of the Lord, is near. 9 Do not complain, brethren, against one another, so that you yourselves may not be judged; behold, the Judge is standing right at the door. 10 As an example, brethren, of suffering and patience, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. 11 We count those blessed who endured. You have heard of the endurance of Job and have seen the outcome of the Lord’s dealings, that the Lord is full of compassion and is merciful.
Be patient, do not complain, and thus be the example of Christ for others to follow.
Church Vision Statement
We are a biblically rooted church that wants to help you overcome life’s emptiness through a deeper relationship with Christ and connection to a family who cares.
Be Church Project Need:
- Contact: Josh Largent 469-383-9218
- Josh was made aware of a single mom of two in need. He has been helping for the last few weeks trying to get moved into their home. The home is basically just studs. Josh needs help sheetrocking, he has been doing it by himself every night after work. I think they have been living in it, Josh just got them electricity last week, and they now have one finished restroom. This will be a great opportunity to be the church to a family in need. Please contact Josh for information on how to help. Even if it is not the entire group, Josh would be grateful for another set of hands.
- What are things we can do as a group to invite people to our LifeGroup?
- Over the last year what has been the most impactful moment of LifeGroup?
- Have you been in a position of waiting on the Lord in prayer over something?
- In your opinion, what is the hardest part during seasons of waiting?
- Do you often complain, in your mind or to a friend, during these seasons?
- Have you ever been in a group of friends complaining about someone? Did you notice the hearts of your friends turn against that person being complained about?
- Looking back on your life, has your heart ever been turned against a family member or friend because you were a part of conversations complaining about that friend or family member?
- Do you find yourself often complaining about people and situations? Think about your conversations. Do you use complaining to start conversations or as humor?
- Since we all on some level struggle with complaining or gossip, what are some things we can do to uproot that from our conversations?