1 Corinthians 11:17-34
Understanding the Lord’s Supper
Read 1 Corinthians 11:17-34
- What are the qualifications for taking the Lord’s Supper?
- What is the Lord’s Supper suppose to proclaim about Jesus and us?
- Do you remember the first time you took the Lord’s Supper? What was that experience like? Did you take it in the right fashion?
- What was the problem with the Church at Corinth taking the Lord’s Supper?
- The Corinthian Church was showing a conflicting message in the way that they took the Lord’s Supper. What conflicting messages have been sent in the modern Church by the way you have seen or heard of the Lord Supper being taken?
- We try our best to make everything “fair” in the church, but that does not always happen. In what ways has the Church allowed wealth, poverty, position, or race to separate us today?
- What things can you do in your home, whether you are single, a parent, or a grandparent, to influence people and not separate over the temporal, but unite in the eternal things?
- Paul commands us to examine our hearts prior to taking the Lord’s Supper. What does that mean? Prior to taking the Lord’s Supper in the few minutes of silence, what do you do to examine your heart?
- When examining your heart, if/when you discover something, what do you do about it?
- The Lord’s Supper calls us to forgive because Christ forgave us. What does it really mean to forgive someone else?
We as the church have an opportunity to be the church outside the walls of the church in community like when we meet together for Lifegroups. Another way we get to be the church is through serving our community.
Discuss during the week, service projects your group would like to participate in and come back next Sunday night ready to put a date on the project. If you need help email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Who do you know in the church going through something in church that your group could serve by prayer, a meal, or help around their house? We are to care for one another reach out to that brother or sister and offer them love.
Look around the room and notice who might have got lost in the summer and pull out your phone and set a reminder right now to text or call them to check in.
August 25th: Groups leader meeting immediately following the 2nd service. It will last around 40 minutes.
September 8th: Lifegroup Re-launch. We ask you to meet in the new Welcome Hallway to recruit and make connections.
September 8th: Lifegroup Childcare will begin on Sunday Nights. Drop off for preschool and elementary is no earlier than 5:45 and pick up by 7:30. Mike Sellers will have a Kidstown Lifegroup this fall and spring.