Church Vision Statement
We are a biblically rooted church that wants to help you overcome life’s emptiness through a deeper relationship with Christ and a connection to a family who cares.
Hell is a real place for those who don’t repent and that lack of repentance is often seen in a lack of obedience.
Read Luke 16:19-21
19 “Now there was a rich man, and he habitually dressed in purple and fine linen, joyously living in splendor every day. 20 And a poor man named Lazarus was laid at his gate, covered with sores, 21 and longing to be fed with the crumbs which were falling from the rich man’s table; besides, even the dogs were coming and licking his sores. 22 Now the poor man died and was carried away by the angels to Abraham’s bosom; and the rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades he lifted up his eyes, being in torment, and *saw Abraham far away and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 And he cried out and said, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus so that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool off my tongue, for I am in agony in this flame.’ 25 But Abraham said, ‘Child, remember that during your life you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus bad things; but now he is being comforted here, and you are in agony. 26 And [r]besides all this, between us and you there is a great chasm fixed, so that those who wish to come over from here to you will not be able, and that none may cross over from there to us.’ 27 And he said, ‘Then I beg you, father, that you send him to my father’s house— 28 for I have five brothers—in order that he may warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’ 29 But Abraham *said, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear them.’ 30 But he said, ‘No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent!’ 31 But he said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be persuaded even if someone rises from the dead.’”
- Last week did God put anyone on your heart that you had been withholding forgiveness from?
- Where you able to forgive or did you start the process of praying about it?
- Is it a bad thing for Christians to be wealthy?
- On a scale of 1-10, how well do you think you steward money?
- On a scale of 1-10, how wasteful do you think you are with the wealth that God has given you?
- On a scale of 1-10, how generous do you think you are with your money?
- On a scale of 1-10, how faithful would God rank the faithfulness of your wealth? (Consider your debt, giving, and savings for the future.)
- If you have not been as faithful with your wealth as you would like to be what are some things that you can start doing now to become the Christ-follower you want be concerning your wealth?
- What do you think people think of when they think of Hell?
- Do you think people believe that Hell is a real, eternal place of torture that God has made for those who do not accept His Son as Savior and worship Him as Lord? Do you struggle to believe that?
- Pretend that you are the rich man in the afterlife, you do not even have to be in Hell. Imagine looking at the family you left behind. Will you be like the rich man filled with dread knowing what was in store for them on the other side of eternity?
- The rich man feared for the lives of his family members because he knew that they were going to share his fate. What was the one thing that he asked to do?
- What is the only thing that we can do in this life to possibly alter the eternal fate of those we love?
- If the rich man was allowed to come back and warn his brothers, do you think he would have worried about hurting their feelings or possibly severing their relationship? Why?
- In light of eternity or seeing through the eyes of the rich man, do you think any of the excuses that we give as to why we do not share the Gospel with our family are valid?
- If you share the Gospel with someone and your presentation is extremely flawed, can God still use that?
- Do you feel equipped to share the Gospel? What things do you need to share in order to present the Gospel?
- If you do not feel brave enough yet to outright share Jesus with your family members, what are some practical things that you can start doing to lead them to start thinking about Jesus?