Church Vision Statement
We are a biblically rooted church that wants to help you overcome life’s emptiness through a deeper relationship with Christ and a connection to a family who cares.
- What famous person have you been told you look like?
Read: Ephesians 1:3-6
Eph. 1:3 “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,
Eph. 1:4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love
Eph. 1:5 He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will,
Eph. 1:6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved.
- Prayer Meeting Tuesday Night at 6.
- Who is going to be the one person you have identified that you want to reach for Christ over the next few months (either they do not believe in Christ or they have walked away from the Church)?
- This year we are changing our strategy for reaching the community for Halloween. The strategy is to connect on a personal level with your friends and neighbors to invite them to your group or to the church. Halloween falls on the last Sunday of the month and we would like on your hangout night to volunteer to open your yards to trick-or-treaters. We will provide you with a yard sign that lets the community know that you are with Tabernacle. Your group can have as many homes as you would like. If you are willing or have multiple people who are willing to use your home please contact Kody at [email protected] so he can get a preliminary headcount.
- The purpose of this passage is to praise God for His plan of salvation. How do you praise God regularly for His plan of salvation in your life?
- Does the tension between human free will and God’s sovereignty make you uncomfortable or have you ever thought about it?
- One of the biggest questions in the conversation about God’s predestination and man’s freewill is: If God predestines men, do men have free will?
- The point of the showing predestination in this passage is to emphasize we are holy and blameless in Christ.
- What does being holy in Christ mean?
- What does being blameless in Christ mean?
- If we did not have the holiness and blamelessness of Christ, could we have rest?
- How does knowing you are blameless before God bring you comfort?
- How can you praise God this week knowing you stand holy and blameless before Him?
Reaching the World Check-in:
School is back in session and we are around people we haven’t seen for a while. Who is one person you can invest in for the semester?