Captivated By Christ: Galatians
Church Vision Statement
We are a biblically rooted church that wants to help you overcome life’s emptiness through a deeper relationship with Christ and a connection to a family who cares.
Read Galatians 1:1-10
1 Paul, an apostle (not sent from men nor through the agency of man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised Him from the dead),2 and all the brethren who are with me,
To the churches of Galatia:
3 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ,4 who gave Himself for our sins so that He might rescue us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, 5 to whom be the glory forevermore. Amen.
6 I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel; 7 which is really not another; only there are some who are disturbing you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!9 As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!
10 For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ.
- Do you know how FBI agents are trained to spot false $100 bills?
- To spot false Gospels we have to know the real thing. Go around the room, how would you explain the Gospel?
- What was the problem with the Galatian church? How did they distort the Gospel?
- Why are some reasons you think that people start to change or distort the Gospel?
- How can you know if anything is a false Gospel?
- What are distortions, or things that you think are distortions, of the Gospel? And discuss how the distortion changes the message of the Gospel.
- Why is it important that we defend and speak out in love against a false or distorted gospel?