Marriage: Distortion of Marriage
- What is God’s allowance for divorce in the Scriptures?
- Pastor Todd encourages us to make God the God of our marriages. How do we keep God the God of our marriage?
- What does it look like when someone loves their kids more than their spouse? Why is this an issue?
- Why is it wrong to love your spouse more than God?
- What are some things that you and your spouse can do together to keep God first? Explain what things look like in your daily or weekly lives.
- Why can adultery hurt so bad?
- Does adultery usually happen overnight?
- What are some things that you do now to safeguard your marriage?
- How well would you say you are at communicating with your spouse?
- What two things did Todd mention that were important to communicate with your spouse regular about? Those are touchy subjects how do you enter into those conversations?
- What were some things that Todd mentioned that could help in fighting fair?
- This week name one thing you can do to make your spouse a priority?
- What are some things you and your spouse did together when you were dating or engaged?
Be in thought about a project(s) your Lifegroup can do in the community. When you decide your project, please email [email protected] we can keep track of what God is doing through our church.
A service project coming in October is Band Night at the football game. Parents work the concession stands and don’t get to watch their kids march, so we take over for the night and allow the parents to participate in their student’s last home game of the year.
Set a reminder on your phone right now to encourage another couple in the group to make their spouse a priority this week. (Guys with Guys and Girls with Girls)
Remember, childcare is from 5:45 to 7:30. Please do not drop them off earlier than 5:45 or pick them up later than 7:30.