Do not forget to plan for the Hangout Night next week and invite your unchurched freinds.
Church Vision Statement
We are a biblically rooted church that wants to help you overcome life’s emptiness through a deeper relationship with Christ and a connection to a family who cares.
Ice-Breaker: Read both questions at the same time.
- What New Year’s Resolution are you still doing? Is there anything you have quit?
Read: Psalm 1
1Blessed is the person who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked,
Nor stand in the path of sinners,
Nor sit in the seat of scoffers!
2But his delight is in the Law of the LORD,
And on His Law he meditates day and night.
3He will be like a tree planted by streams of water,
Which yields its fruit in its season,
And its leaf does not wither;
And in whatever he does, he prospers.
4The wicked are not so,
But they are like chaff which the wind blows away.
5Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
Nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
6For the LORD knows the way of the righteous,
But the way of the wicked will perish.
Week Review: What was your Plus One last week about prayer?
- What is your plus one? Do you have a couple of plus ones?
- Prayer meeting, fasting, reaching out to the lost, creating a personal devotion time.
- How have you acted on your plus one?
- In Psalm 1, what actions come with the promise of blessing?
- What does it mean to delight in the law?
- Do you think that you delight in the law?
- Do you think the way you interact with the Word of God would prove that you delight in the law?
- What does it mean to meditate on the law day and night?
- What are practical ways you can meditate on the law?
- We’re told to avoid listening to the council of the wicked, standing in the path of sinners, and sitting in the seat of scoffers from Psalm 1. Practically speaking, how can you avoid these actions?
- What are ways we listen to the council of the wicked?
- What are the ways we stand in the path of sinners, or in what ways do we stand with sinners?
- What are ways that we sit in the seat of scoffers/mockers?