Church Vision Statement
We are a biblically rooted church that wants to help you overcome life’s emptiness through a deeper relationship with Christ and a connection to a family who cares.
Ice-Breaker: Read both questions at the same time.
- What do you think your spouse’s biggest pet-peeve about you is and what is the quirkiest thing you that they love?
- Like I do not wash the toothpaste
- If you don’t have a spouse what is your biggest pet-peeve and what is the thing you do that you think makes other people crazy?
Read: Acts 4:29-31
Acts 4:29-31 “Now, Lord, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness. Stretch out your hand to heal and perform miraculous signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus. After they had prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.
Week Review: What was your Plus One last week about prayer?
- What is going to be your Plus One from this week’s message?
- (Go around the room) In Acts 4 they are praying for boldness and then God shows up and gives them boldness. In your mind, what would boldness look like for you in introducing someone to Jesus?
- Take time and model what the apostle did by praying for boldness in speaking the word of God to people that surround you during the week.
- The five i’s of personal evangelism are identify, intercede (pray), invest, impart, and invite.
- Who have you identified that needs to know Jesus?
- Have you been praying for the lost by name this week?
- Have you had an opportunity to invest in a lost person’s life this week?
- How have you imparted the Gospel to a lost person this week or do you plan to do it next week?
- Do you have someone that you are wanting to invite to church or to know Jesus?
- Talk about doing a group hangout night the last Sunday of the month and plan something that you think the people you identified might want to come to.
- Pray: Take time over each of these things. Take turns praying. (DON’T FEEL OBLIGATED TO GO THROUGH EVERY SUBPOINT THAT IS JUST FOR IDEAS)
- Pray that God would start revealing people to you that need Jesus or to be plugged into a church family that will care for them.
- Pray for those names that your group identified needed Jesus.
- Pray that God would make inroads to these people’s lives.
- Pray for the other groups that God would clearly identify people
- Pray that God would give you an opportunity to invest in the lives of the lost.
- Pray that God would empower the church that when your friend finally comes that we would be ready to invest in them and we would be a warm welcoming family that cares for them.
- Pray that God would show favor on our church in giving unique opportunities as individuals to invest in the lost.
- Pray that when you finally share that God would give His blessing and favor and these people’s hearts would be ready and willing to receive the Gospel.
- Pray that God would give favor to the church family as they share people would be willing and ready to receive the Gospel.
- Pray that the people we are inviting to church or to Lifegroup would be willing to come and hear how they can invite Jesus into their hearts.