Just in case you forgot I made a shorter LifeGroup Guide. On the last Sunday of the month we are going to do a Group Hangout Night to invite people that may not be connected to a group, people that are unconnected to Tabernacle, and people who are unbelievers to give them the chance to be connected to the family that cares. Groups are to be both inward and outward focus.
Church Vision Statement
We are a biblically rooted church that wants to help you overcome life’s emptiness through a deeper relationship with Christ and a connection to a family who cares.
Ice-Breaker: Read both questions at the same time.
- What New Year’s Resolution are you still doing? Is there anything you have quit?
Read: Luke 21:1-4
1And He looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the treasury. 2And He saw a poor widow putting in two small copper coins. 3And He said, “Truly I say to you, this poor widow put in more than all of them; 4for they all out of their surplus put into the offering, but she out of her poverty put in all that she had to live on.”
5And while some were talking about the temple, that it was adorned with beautiful stones and votive gifts, He said, 6“As for these things which you are looking at, the days will come in which there will not be left one stone upon another which will not be torn down.”
Week Review: What was your Plus One last week about Scripture reading?
- What is your plus one? Do you have multiple plus ones?
- Prayer meeting, fasting, reaching out to the lost, creating a personal devotion time.
- How have you acted on your plus one?
- Have you found it difficult to continue your plus one as life is getting busier? What normal things are you having to give up in your life to stay consistent?
- What do you think most people’s biggest barrier to tithing is? Or what is the biggest barrier you cross when considering tithing consistently?
- Have you ever considered being ambitious in your giving? What would that look like in your life? What keeps you from being ambitious in your giving?
- Have you ever been led by the Lord to give more than felt comfortable? What did that look like?
- Have you ever hesitated or chose not to give when you felt the Lord leading you to give something? If you feel comfortable, share that story.
- What does it mean to give sacrificially?