Church Vision Statement
We are a biblically rooted church that wants to help you overcome life’s emptiness through a deeper relationship with Christ and a connection to a family who cares.
- If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
Read: Ephesians 3:1-13
3 For this reason I, Paul, a prisoner of Christ Jesus on behalf of you Gentiles— 2 assuming that you have heard of the stewardship of God’s grace that was given to me for you, 3 how the mystery was made known to me by revelation, as I have written briefly. 4 When you read this, you can perceive my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5 which was not made known to the sons of men in other generations as it has now been revealed to his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit. 6 This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.
7 Of this gospel I was made a minister according to the gift of God’s grace, which was given me by the working of his power. 8 To me, though I am the very least of all the saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, 9 and to bring to light for everyone what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages in God, who created all things, 10 so that through the church the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places. 11 This was according to the eternal purpose that he has realized in Christ Jesus our Lord, 12 in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through our faith in him. 13 So I ask you not to lose heart over what I am suffering for you, which is your glory.
Looking Forward: Please Read through these
- Prayer Meeting Tuesday Night at 6.
- This year we are changing our strategy for reaching the community for Halloween. The strategy is to connect on a personal level with your friends and neighbors to invite them to your group or to the church. Halloween falls on the last Sunday of the month and we would like on your hangout night to volunteer to open your yards to trick-or-treaters. We will provide you with a yard sign that lets the community know that you are with Tabernacle. Your group can have as many homes as you would like. If you are interested please fill out this form https://tabernaclegroups.churchcenter.com/people/forms/296853
- Why do you think the Jewish Christians would want to make the Gentile Christians feel like they were second class Christians?
- It feels good to find a reason that you are superior to someone else.
- The Old Testament Scriptures indicate that Gentiles are a part of God’s plan. Why do you think the Jewish Christians missed it?
- Their own prejudices.
- What is one way or place the Old Testament indicates the Gentiles are going to be a part of God’s plan of salvation?
- What is the mystery of God revealed to us which we are supposed to share?
- The love of Jesus is for both the Jew and the Gentile.
- Have you ever had the thought, if __________ (fill in the blank with someone famous) would just accept Jesus then so many people would come to Jesus? When you have seen superstars get saved, did they end up making a big impact?
- Why isn’t it God’s plan to win the world with just one or two superstar Christians? Why do you think we often put so much hope in people coming to faith when famous people come to Jesus?