Church Vision Statement
We are a biblically rooted church that wants to help you overcome life’s emptiness through a deeper relationship with Christ and a connection to a family who cares.
- What is the funniest thing you remember getting in trouble for as a kid?
Read: Ephesians 3:14-21
Eph. 3:14 For this reason, I bow my knees before the Father,
Eph. 3:15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name,
Eph. 3:16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man,
Eph. 3:17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love,
Eph. 3:18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth,
Eph. 3:19 and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.
Eph. 3:20 Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us,
Eph. 3:21 to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.
Looking Forward: Please Read through these
- Prayer Meeting Tuesday Night at 6.
- This year we are changing our strategy for reaching the community for Halloween. The strategy is to connect on a personal level with your friends and neighbors to invite them to your group or to the church. Halloween falls on the last Sunday of the month and we would like on your hangout night to volunteer to open your yards to trick-or-treaters. We will provide you with a yard sign that lets the community know that you are with Tabernacle. Your group can have as many homes as you would like. If you are interested please fill out this form https://tabernaclegroups.churchcenter.com/people/forms/296853
- What does it mean to humble yourself in prayer? Paul writes, as a sign of humility, that he kneels before the Father.
- We can humble in posture, by confessing sin, and by confessing God’s greatness.
- How often do you approach God in prayer in a lax or prideful state? Give an example.
- Do you implement any practical things into your prayer life to prevent approaching God like He’s a genie in a bottle?
- I make my requests after I praise Him, ask His will be done in missions and in the church, and pray for others.
- Pastor Todd defined spiritual strength as wisdom, patience, contentment, and endurance. What does that look like in a person? Give an example of the person you know that best exemplifies spiritual strength and explain why.
- If you had more spiritual strength what area of your life do you think you would see the most change? Why?
- The last point of the sermon was to Ask God to Expand Your Imagination in Prayer. Would you consider your prayer life as imaginative or bold? What limits you from praying in an imaginative and bold way?