Church Vision Statement
We are a biblically rooted church that wants to help you overcome life’s emptiness through a deeper relationship with Christ and a connection to a family who cares.
- What is a skill you learned when you were a kid you still use today?
Read: Ephesians 4:1-6
Eph. 4:1 “Therefore I, the prisoner of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called,
Eph. 4:2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love,
Eph. 4:3 being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
Eph. 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling;
Eph. 4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,
Eph. 4:6 one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.”
Looking Forward: Please Read through these
- Prayer Meeting Tuesday Night at 6.
- This year we are changing our strategy for reaching the community for Halloween. The strategy is to connect on a personal level with your friends and neighbors to invite them to your group or to the church. Halloween falls on the last Sunday of the month and we would like on your hangout night to volunteer to open your yards to trick-or-treaters. We will provide you with a yard sign that lets the community know that you are with Tabernacle. Your group can have as many homes as you would like. If you are interested please fill out this form https://tabernaclegroups.churchcenter.com/people/forms/296853
- How would you define gentleness?
- How is gentleness different than weakness?
- Weakness is not having power or having power and being afraid to act. Gentleness is having power and not using it until it is necessary.
- How would you describe Christ’s gentleness? Think about examples from the Bible.
- I think about the Samaritan woman. Jesus calls out her sin, but He is so kind and patient with her.
- The Greek word for gentleness carries the idea of not being overly impressed by one’s own sense of self-importance. In what areas of life do you see yourself struggle with this the most?
- Getting ignored in the restaurant by the waiter.
- What does it mean to walk in tolerance with others? Does it mean to accept them in their sin?
- Walking in tolerance is walking in grace towards others. However this does not mean that we are tolerant about sin like the world is begging us to be.
- Why is it so important to preserve unity in the body of Christ?
- Because our disunity harms the image of Christ in the world.