The Resurrection is a Game Changer
- Read 1 Corinthians 15:3-5, John 3:16-18, Romans 3:21-24, Romans 5:6-10, and Ephesians 2:5-10 and spend time discussing how each passage is explaining the Gospel and the different aspects of the Gospel that are being emphasized.
- Go around the room- To the best of your ability, explain what the Gospel is and what the Gospel does for both believers and unbelievers.
- This is an important question because people need to practice verbalizing the Gospel as well as thinking through what it means for them in the now as believers.
- How has the Gospel changed you?
- Have you ever seen the Gospel radically change a friend or family member?
- When making big life decisions, how do you make those decisions? For instance, how to sell your house, what vacation to take, what investment banker to use, which mattress to buy. How do you decide from all the options which option is best for you?
- We make decisions based on people’s testimonies of any given product or life decision. This sets up the next question.
- “Word of mouth plays a role in 50-90% of all buying decisions. But most of us have never actually sat down to outline a strategy that would get more customers talking about our brand.”-Jay Baer, Story Brand Marketing
- Do you think a friend or family member would likely come to church if you invited them? On the times that you did invite someone to church, how did that go?
- Lifeway Research Poll shows that 67% of people polled indicated that they would be very likely to attend a church service if they were personally asked by someone that they knew. 15,000 people were included in this study. https://www.christianitytoday.com/edstetzer/2014/july/power-of-invitation-our-god-pursues-lost-and-so-should-we.html
- Have you ever given someone a testimony of how the Gospel has changed you?
- Revelation 12:11, “And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even when faced with death.” Overcoming comes through the Gospel, “the blood of the lamb,” and our testimonies. Have you ever considered your testimony as something that is powerful?
- Encourage everyone in your group that their testimony of what Jesus has done in them is powerful and is a powerful tool to convert unbelievers and encourage hurting believers.
- Each of us came to Christ because someone invited us to know Him. Each of us has come to church because someone invited us. If we know the personal invitation is so important, and we want to see our community changed, what do we need to do on a personal level to create an invitation mindset? What is one practical thing you can do to create an invitation mindset mind-shift this week?
- Give one name of someone believer or unbeliever that you can encourage with your testimony or share the Gospel with what God has done in you this week.
- This can be family, your kids, a neighbor, or a random dude at WalMart; we just want to encourage our people to start talking about how God has impacted them.
- Why is the resurrection so necessary for our salvation?
- It is simple. If Jesus did not raise from the dead, neither will we.
- The resurrection proved that He was God and could pay for our sins.
- As a believer, how does the resurrection affect your daily life?
- Todd gave examples in his sermon of forgiveness, the comfort of knowing Jesus really had the power to save, the ability to conquer depression, and the ability to be set free from any addiction.
Take a moment and plan a game night or a night out with your group. Look at your calendars and set a date.
We are looking for 30 Trunks. Trunk or Treat is October 31st, 6pm-8pm. Trunks will need to be set up and decorated by 5:30pm. Cars will need to stay and be manned until 8:30pm. There will be a contest for those who would like to enter. Please sign up at the Hub. https://tabernaclefamily.org/trunk-or-treat/
Thursday, October 31st – 6-8pm
All Ellis County families are invited to come out to our Trunk or Treat Fall Festival on Thursday, October 31st, from 6:00 – 8:00 pm. This is a FREE event for the community. We’ll have games, candy, bounce houses, and a lot of fun!
PARTICIPATE BY COMING
The first way you can participate is just by showing up! Trunk or Treat will be in our parking lot. Our address is 1200 Country Club Rd., Ennis TX, 75119. Come in your favorite costume and a great attitude. We hope you have a great time
For more information, contact the church office (972) 875-3861, or email our Children’s minister, LISA@TABERNACLEFAMILY.ORG
PARTICIPATE BY OPENING YOUR TRUNK
Another way you can be involved is by giving out candy and running a game out of the trunk of your vehicle. All cars/vehicles are welcome! All cars must complete a registration form at the link above.