Psalm 107:1-2, 8-9
- Which ministry are you most thankful for at Tabernacle?
- Help them think through our global missions like Sumatra or Ecuador. Or think through the children, youth, and kid’s ministries. Or the preaching ministry, lifegroups, or Sunday School ministries.
- Psalm 107:1 says, “Give thanks to the Lord for he is good.” Answer three questions and be specific.
- What are you thankful to God for about your family?
- Try to drive them to be more specific than their kids or their spouse. What specifically makes them thankful for those things or people?
- What do you have to be thankful for in material goods?
- Our material possessions are things to be thankful for because they are all God’s gifts to us.
- What are you thankful to God about your job?
- How do you fight for thankfulness when things don’t go as planned?
- Have you ever seen God turn a bad situation in your life for good?
- Do you have a designated time for thanking God in your prayer life?
- Do you follow a model when you pray?
- Some people pray the outline of the Lord’s prayer others use acronyms like ACTS (Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, Supplication)
- How often do you pray, and when you pray, do you have a set time and place?
- Encourage your people to have a set place and time to pray, whether it is in the morning or at night.
- How do you fight being distracted when you pray?
- Some people go on walks, others have a quiet spot, and others journal their prayers to keep from being distracted.
- Does it feel wrong asking for big things in your prayers?
- When you pray, do you think that you neglect thanksgiving?
- When God answers your prayers, do you feel like you acknowledge his blessings in thankfulness?
Many of us will have family time this week. Do you have a family member that needs to hear of Christ’s love? How will you share with them?