Church Vision Statement
We are a biblically rooted church that wants to help you overcome life’s emptiness through a deeper relationship with Christ and a connection to a family who cares.
Announcement to Leaders:
(Leaders in case you missed my email.)
As you know, Pastor Todd is leaving. That affects us because I write the weekly Lifegroup Guides from his sermon manuscripts. Most pastors don’t share that or they preach from bullet points. So this means we have to change our curriculum because I won’t have the content to produce the guides. We are going to move to RightNow Media studies. Look through to see what you are interested in and what you think would be good for your people in their season of life.
Advent: JD Greear (A Christmas Series)
Thriving in Babylon: Larry Osborne
Psalms 23: Matt Chandler
The material for each of the above studies are downloadable and free. If you find a different series you like the guides that go along with the series may not be free. The studies are 5 to 15 minutes long. So play the study at the beginning of the meeting and move into the questions. You can download the questions on your phone. If you’d like to print guides you are welcome to tell me how many of which ones you’d like and I will print them at the church for you. Also, say you live in an area with poor internet, ask the group to watch the video prior to coming. I think you can even text them the link.
You can sign up for RightNow Media through our app. If you struggle give me a call.
I apologize for not bringing everyone together to talk about this change but with Todd leaving and it being team meeting season, my time is very limited after 5.
This will be the last week we write the guides because next week pastor Todd is preaching a going away sermon.
Read: Ephesians 4:30-32
Eph. 4:30 Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
Eph. 4:31 Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice.
Eph. 4:32 Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you..”
- What are some of the roles of the Holy Spirit?
- Seals us, regenerates the heart, makes us a new creation, convicts us of our sin, leads us, empowers us, produces spiritual fruit in our life, and the list is much longer. Be sure to ask what your people mean when they say something.
- What does it mean that the Holy Spirit seals you until the day of redemption?
- That because we have the Spirit on the Day of Judgement we will be delivered from the judgment of God.
- What does the sealing of the Holy Spirit mean for us practically?
- It means that God is not going to leave us in our sin. Our salvation is dependent on the Holy Spirit dwelling in us not on how good we can be.
- What could some of the effects be of grieving the Holy Spirit?
- Not hear from God and Him give you over to your sins. Not have a thriving relationship with God and no real intimacy.
- What are some ways you could be grieving the Spirit?
- Living in sin.
- Has there ever been a time in your life when you think you grieved the Spirit?
- How do you move from grieving the Spirit of God to walking in intamcy?
- Repenting of sin.