The King Has Come
Church Vision Statement
We are a biblically rooted church that wants to help you overcome life’s emptiness through a deeper relationship with Christ and a connection to a family who cares.
- What is a favorite Christmas gift that you received as a child?
Read: Luke 2:8-20
8 In the same region there were some shepherds staying out in the fields and keeping watch over their flock by night. 9 And an angel of the Lord suddenly stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them; and they were terribly frightened.10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people;11 for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. 12 This will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”13 And suddenly there appeared with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying,
“Glory to God in the highest,
And on earth peace among men with whom He is pleased.”
15 When the angels had gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds began saying to one another, “Let us go straight to Bethlehem then, and see this thing that has happened which the Lord has made known to us.” 16 So they came in a hurry and found their way to Mary and Joseph, and the baby as He lay in the manger. 17 When they had seen this, they made known the statement which had been told them about this Child. 18 And all who heard it wondered at the things which were told them by the shepherds. 19 But Mary treasured all these things, pondering them in her heart. 20 The shepherds went back, glorifying and praising God for all that they had heard and seen, just as had been told them.
- Have you been able to have a spiritual conversation with anyone this week?
- What is your favorite part of the Christmas story?
- What does daily worship look like in your life? Is it spontaneous or a part of your daily routine?
- How do you feel about God revealing Jesus to the shepherds first?
- How have your personal insecurities kept you from serving God or worshipping?
- The purpose of man’s life is to bring glory to God. How do you do that in your life? Last week, outside of a church service, what is one example of how you brought glory to God?
- Todd said, “Peace comes when God is pleased with us and God is pleased with us when we bring glory to His name.”
- Has there ever been a time in your life that you did not have peace because you were being disobedient? Disobedience could look like action or inaction to what He was calling you to do.
- How did you get peace? Did you do something to remedy that situation?
- What are actions you know God has been leading you to do, but you just have not?
- The five i’s of personal evangelism are identify, intercede (pray), invest, impart, and invite.
- (We are going to weekly hold one another accountable about what we are doing to reach the lost. It is so easy to get stuck in our routine and never share or even think about sharing with the lost. I don’t recommend putting people on the spot, but try really hard to work everyone into the conversations below.)
- Who have you identified that needs to know Jesus?
- Have you been praying for the lost by name this week?
- Have you had an opportunity to invest in a lost person’s life this week?
- How have you imparted the Gospel to a lost person this week or do you plan to do it next week?
- Do you have someone that you are wanting to invite to church or to know Jesus? Who can you invite to a service during the Christmas season?