Announcement: Enjoy the game. I made this to where it is short enough to do during halftime or, for those of you who would like to make it fit in a quarter because halftime is your favorite, that is cool too. Have a great time, and enjoy each other.
“Bear one another’s burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ.”
Read: We are a biblically rooted church who wants to help you overcome life’s emptiness through a deeper relationship with Christ and connection to a family who cares.
- Do you feel like you are overcommitted in your life? Do you feel like the hurry of everyday life keeps you from worshiping God throughout the day?
- Try to get everyone to talk about this question.
- What are things you can do to eliminate hurry in your life? What are some practical things you can do?
- Do you think that your screen time is a massive contributor to your busyness? How much non-work screen time do you think you have a week? i.e., TV or cell phone
- If you are feeling brave, you can get people to go to settings and get their reports to see how much time they are really on their phones. Streaming services and the phone are huge contributors to our feelings of hurry.
- What keeps you from allowing people to help you carry your burden?
- For most of us, it is trusting people enough to let them into our lives. Also, we are so busy that we have not put the time equity into relationships to build up trust in other people to share what is really going on in our lives, and we feel the need to project strength to everyone.
- How do you respond to people’s interruptions when you are doing a task, whether it is your kids, friends, or family?
- When you are interrupted and you don’t respond well, how does that manifest? Do you treat them as burdens? Do you show fake empathy? Do you feel it is not necessary to stop for them? Why do you believe you respond that way?
- This question may have been answered previously, but this is the application I want them to think about in this series of questions.
- How have you been able to help bear other’s burdens within the church?
- How has the church helped you get through a tough situation?
- What is the most impactful story you have heard of a church stepping up and helping others?
- What could our LifeGroup do to help bear someone’s burdens?