Church Vision Statement
We are a biblically rooted church that wants to help you overcome life’s emptiness through a deeper relationship with Christ and a connection to a family who cares.
- If you could only keep five apps on your phone, which would they be?
Read: 1 Peter 1:17-21
“Since you have in obedience to the truth purified your souls for a sincere love of the brethren, fervently love one another from the heart, for you have been born again not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, that is, through the living and enduring word of God. For, “ALL FLESH IS LIKE GRASS AND ALL ITS GLORY LIKE THE FLOWER OF GRASS. THE GRASS WITHERS AND THE FLOWER FALLS OFF, BUT THE WORD OF THE LORD ENDURES FOREVER.” And this is the word which was preached to you.”
- Last week, we talked about redemption. If you were sharing Christ with an unbeliever, how would you explain redemption?
- Explaining redemption is a Gospel presentation so understanding this concept well enough to explain it is very important.
- Pastor Todd showed us in Greek that Peter gives us two different words for love. What were the two words, and what do they mean?
- Philadelphia – brotherly love
- Agape – never-ending no matter what type of love.
- Peter commands believers to love one another no matter what with familial affection. Have you ever witnessed this kind of love in Christ?
- Have you experienced love like this ever in a Church? What do you think it would or should look like?
- Some of us are not as good at loving people and letting them into our lives as others. What are the barriers to you allowing people into your life?
- Peter also tells us to love with sincerity (without hypocrisy). In what ways do you struggle to love people with sincerity?
- Do you have an example of someone loving you in Christ fervently? The idea that the person went way out of their way to help you out.
- Part of loving someone sacrificially and no matter what is having to forgive people sometimes. Usually, when you have to forgive someone, what do you have to sacrifice to forgive them?
- Some people like having something against someone else. Or they enjoy being the victim. Others feel powerful holding the wrong over someone else.
- Who is someone that you know you need to forgive?
Reaching the World Check-in:
- Who is the person you are going to bring to the Cross Service?
- Have you invited your one yet?