Be an Overcomer
1 Corinthians 15:1-8
“Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, by which also you are saved if you hold fast the word which I preached to you unless you believed in vain. “ For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. After that, He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep; then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles; and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also. ”
Church Vision Statement
We are a biblically rooted church that wants to help you overcome life’s emptiness through a deeper relationship with Christ and connection to a family who cares.
- What are your normal Easter traditions that you are missing this year?
- How did you celebrate Easter this weekend in your homes?
- When and how did you come to know Jesus?
- Do you think that you could lead someone to faith (share the Gospel)?
- Ask a follow-up question if there are a few yesses, “Have you ever led someone to faith in Jesus?”
- Do you think if you had the opportunity that you could lead your kids or grandkids to faith?
- Where are you struggling with fear and anxiety right now?
- People’s anxieties and fears will look different some will be around money, death, sickness, or missing out on things like birthdays and celebrating anniversaries.
- Jesus tells us not to fear and be anxious about anything. Where do you think the line is around fear and anxiety in which we start walking into sin? Are all fears and anxieties wrong? For example, washing my hands after going out because I would like to not have COVID-19 or being afraid of getting killed driving the wrong lane down the highway keeps me in the correct lane seem logical. Where do you think the line is and do you feel like you are handling your fears in a healthy way right now?
- This answer is totally my opinion, not the Bible, I think when it becomes crippling or consumes all of your thoughts then you are in dangerous territory.
- How do nonbelievers view death? Do you think they fear death more or less than believers (not should they fear death more than believers)?
- What do you think the right view of death is as a believer? Have you ever seen a believer on their death bed who you could tell they were scared about the process of going from this life to the next, but they were at peace and focused on meeting Jesus?
- We should love the life that the Lord has given us, as well as the people God has given us in our lives, and leverage our life for God’s glory and the proclamation of Jesus. Death though is getting to be with our Lord forever and we should be excited and expectant for that day.
- Why does the resurrection of Jesus guarantee that we will be with Him when we die?
- Jesus rose from the dead so we know that Jesus can raise us also.
- On that day we are finally in heaven, what do you think worshipping Jesus will be like?