Announcement Leaders ONLY:
I would like to have another training in the month of May, maybe on a Wednesday night. If there are any dates you know are a no-go for you please let me know, I would like to schedule around it so you can be there. I will have snacks… Please message me and I will put out a date in the next week or two with a date that works with most people’s schedules.
Church Vision Statement
We are a biblically rooted church that wants to help you overcome life’s emptiness through a deeper relationship with Christ and a connection to a family who cares.
- If you could instantly be an expert in any subject, what subject would you pick?
- Kody- Stockmarket
Read: 1 Peter 2:4-8
4 And coming to Him as to a living stone which has been rejected by people, but is choice and precious in the sight of God, 5 you also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices that are acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6 For this is contained in Scripture:
“Behold, I am laying in Zion a choice stone, a precious cornerstone,
And the one who believes in Him will not be put to shame.”
7 This precious value, then, is for you who believe; but for unbelievers,
“A stone which the builders rejected,
This became the chief cornerstone,”
“A stone of stumbling and a rock of offense”;
for they stumble because they are disobedient to the word, and to this, they were also appointed.
- Last week, we talked about love spoiling vices (malice, deceit, hypocrisy, envy, slander).
- Have you seen any of these things active in your life this week?
- Have you seen the effects of any of these things damage the testimony of Christ this week?
- How is Christ the chief cornerstone that the builders rejected in verse 7?
- The Jews and the Pharisees rejected Christ and had Him killed.
- God is building a spiritual house and we are the individual stones that God is using to build on the cornerstone of Jesus. Like a master craftsman choosing his material to perfectly fit together for his building, God has a design and purpose for each of us in His service.
- Have you ever considered that God has a specific goal for you in His master plan?
- What type of ministry do you think God is calling you to and how are you currently serving or preparing to serve?
- What does it mean that Christ the cornerstone is a stumbling block?
- Grace is a stumbling block. People want to know how to earn their salvation like the Pharisee. The Gospel is that there is nothing you can do to make your way to heaven so God sent Jesus and He earned our way. People are offended at the idea that they need someone else or that they are wrong. The Gospel requires that you recognize your need and your wrongdoing.
Take mental notes of the answers for the next three questions because you will need the people’s response to answer the last question.
- Have you ever seen anyone take offense to Christ?
- What parts of the message of the Gospel are offensive to people?
- In Ennis, what do you think our biggest hurdle is to reach the lost? (What part of the Gospel message is the biggest stumbling block to the people in your life?)
- Now, think about some of the things that you said have been stumbling block or offense a person might have to the Gospel. If you were talking to the person, how might you respond to some of these things?
Reaching the World Check-in:
At Tabernacle, we use what we call the 5 i’s as our evangelism strategy. The idea is that you pick one person (obviously you can have more than one person) to intentionally and meaningfully pursue with the message of the Gospel. The five i’s of personal evangelism are: identify, intercede (pray), invest, impart, and invite.
- Who have you identified that needs to know Jesus?
- Have you been praying for the lost by name this week?
- Have you had an opportunity to invest in a lost person’s life this week?
- How have you imparted the Gospel to a lost person this week, or do you plan to do it next week?
- Do you have someone that you want to invite to church or to know Jesus?