This Week’s Sermon:
Read 1 Kings 18
Mount Carmel: Trust God
- God is All Powerful Without Compare
- We are Weak and Need God to Fight for Us
- Trust Him
- What are common reasons that God’s people say they don’t trust God or believe He is real?
- See if you can gather a few common themes.
- How do you know that you can trust God?
- Most people will point to physical evidence, their feelings, and some will point to scripture.
- Have you ever prayed and waited years for an answer like Elijah?
- What is God’s greatest display of power he has done in your life?
- A loved one healed, a marriage reconciled, people saved…
- How would you define a miracle?
- What has God done in your life or in the lives of others that you would consider a miracle?
- If your LifeGroup has difficulty thinking of a miracle, remind them that as believers God has done the greatest miracle in their life of saving them and turning their heart of stone into a heart of flesh.
- Have you ever told anyone how God has moved in your life? Explain how you could work God moving into a conversation.
- Is there an area of weakness in your life that you believe God has used for His glory?
- God sent Elijah down the mountain to trust Him. Where do you struggle with trusting God?
- What are some things that you do to daily fight against not trusting God?
- Staying in Scripture, telling myself the truth even when I don’t feel like trusting, praying for more faith…
- Homework: Who are two people that you are going to tell about a miracle God has done in your life?
- To Do: Everyone pull out your calendars and pick a day in May or June to do something fun together.
- Calendar Items:June 2ndPicnic in the Park at 6pm and Lake Day July 14that 5pm.