Church Vision Statement
We are a biblically rooted church that wants to help you overcome life’s emptiness through a deeper relationship with Christ and a connection to a family who cares.
- What is the worst gift you have ever given your mom on Mother’s Day?
Read: 1 Peter 2:21-3:7
21 For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps,
22 who committed no sin, nor was any deceit found in His mouth;
23 and while being reviled, He did not revile in return; while suffering, He uttered no threats, but kept entrusting Himself to Him who judges righteously;
24 and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed.
25 For you were continually straying like sheep, but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Guardian of your souls.
1 In the same way, you wives, be submissive to your own husbands so that even if any of them are disobedient to the word, they may be won without a word by the behavior of their wives,
2 as they observe your chaste and respectful behavior.
3 Your adornment must not be merely external—braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses;
4 but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God.
5 For in this way in former times the holy women also, who hoped in God, used to adorn themselves, being submissive to their own husbands;
6 just as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, and you have become her children if you do what is right without being frightened by any fear.
7 You husbands in the same way, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with someone weaker, since she is a woman; and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered.
- Did you pray for your authorities this week? If this is new for you, what was the experience like?
- Why do you think the idea of submission is so hard for us as a society? Especially as relates to women to men?
- How have you seen or experienced men who are overbearing or oppressive that use scripture like this to justify their sinful actions? On the other hand, have you seen men who you think love their families like Christ loves the Church with gentle and quiet strength? What did it look like?
- How would you define biblical beauty? What are the attitudes and qualities of women that you (this is for men and women to answer) find attractive?
- What are attitudes and qualities that you find unattractive?
- What would you imagine it looks like for a husband to honor and be considerate of his wife?
Reaching the World Check-in:
At Tabernacle, we use what we call the 5 i’s as our evangelism strategy. The idea is that you pick one person (obviously you can have more than one person) to intentionally and meaningfully pursue with the message of the Gospel. The five i’s of personal evangelism are: identify, intercede (pray), invest, impart, and invite.
- Who have you identified that needs to know Jesus?
- Have you been praying for the lost by name this week?
- Have you had an opportunity to invest in a lost person’s life this week?
- How have you imparted the Gospel to a lost person this week, or do you plan to do it next week?
- Do you have someone that you want to invite to church or to know Jesus?